Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Traveling

The first I did when I finally got back to my Tallahassee home was lay out by the pool with my ESPN The Magazine. There weren't too many people there, so I had some space to myself. After tanning for a bit, I finally jumped into the cold, refreshing water. Then, the little girl that was swimming in the pool asked me, "Why is your mouth red?" I replied, "Probably because the water is cold." She said, "I think it's bleeding." And, of course, she was right, so I had to leave the pool and plug my nose for a few minutes.

I recounted this exact story to my friend and this was the person's response.

XXX: ...

XXX: for some reason
XXX: i didn't read nose, and thought you got your period

flee23ii: .....

WHY WOULD I HAVE A PERIOD?

XXX: THAT'S WHY I THOUGHT IT WAS WEIRD


First off, it doesn't even make physiological sense for me to have a period because I don't have ovaries or fallopian tubes or whatnots. Secondly, if I EVER EVER had a period, I would definitely not tell ANYBODY about it. I would give up my body for science and tell doctors to find out what was wrong with me. It was a nice day at the pool though.

4 comments:

  1. tell us who this person is! it's a girl, i know it for sure! and ew, your nose was bleeding, but your mouth was red? you didn't feel the blood dripping from your nose to your mouth?! yuck. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. why do i have to be "xxx"? is it because my name is like a stripper name?!?!?!

    btw, you DEFINITELY told me the story differently. you mentioned your nose FIRST.

    i laughed for a good minute when i read this post. if this was facebook, i'd click LIKE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont you know? guys have periods from their noses. duh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. kim: no i didn't feel blood dripping to my mouth. i probably thought it was pool water dripping to my mouth

    ginger: good job. i was protecting your identity to prevent further humiliation, but you exposed your own folly to the world

    ReplyDelete