I went out to the pool again today. I know, I live a horrible life. When I got back to shower, I realized that my butt skin will never see the light of day. The only chance it has of seeing the sun is if I go to a nude beach (highly unlikely) or I buy a banana hammock (impossible) or I get caught for public indecency (sorta unlikely). If I keep going out in the sun, there's going to be a stark contrast between the mendoza line above my waist and below my waist.
Speaking of waists, mine has grown noticeably bigger in the two years I've been down in Florida. Due to my unhealthy eating and sleeping habits, I've seen increased girth. My metabolism has slowed down, but I didn't think that would happen until I was in my 30s. I have a horizontal crease on my stomach from where the fat overlaps each other. I've become much more conscious of the foods I'm eating and the portions I'm eating as well to help my life expectancy.
I know I haven't been going to church as regularly as I should down here. Sometimes I make up stupid excuses like I want to sleep in or I want to watch the football game. Most times I just don't want to feel uncomfortable going to a new place. I went to a new church yesterday called Christian Heritage Church. First, I thought I had stumbled into a black church because everyone I saw in the parking lot was black. It is a huge church building, with an elaborate stage and a great worship team. The worship team was different because they sang songs I didn't know, and they didn't put the lyrics on the screens, so I didn't know what to sing. The Tallahassee IHOP is connected to the church, and I think this service was different from the usual services because the worship/ministry time was an hour and the sermon was 15 minutes. It's an interesting place, and I'll probably go back there next week. I think a huge point of emphasis I got from being in Tallahassee is that churches have to make newcomers feel welcome because nothing sucks more than looking for a church to attend, and having nobody make you feel like you're welcomed.
if we ever got an apartment together, i would let you lay out naked all day long
ReplyDelete