Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine's Day

Today was Valentine's Day, and since it fell on a Sunday, and entire weekend was dedicated to it. If I had to rate holidays based on how I felt on a scale of 0-10, 0 being extremely hate it, 5 being neutral and 10 being extremely love it, Christmas would be an 7, Thanksgiving would be an 8, my birthday would be a 6, and Valentine's Day would be a 4. I don't hate it, but I don't have any use for it now.

The Focus Valentine's Dinner was not as awkward as I expected it to be, and the activities and food turned out real well, no thanks to me. It felt good to be in Maryland, surrounded by people I know and that I'm comfortable with. I will be flying to Florida in a few hours if the weather cooperates.

While I was watching "(500) Days of Summer," Keeyoung labeled me a hopeless romantic, but I didn't know exactly what that meant, so he sent me a definition of it.

This was the definition he sent me (from urbandictionary.com):
This person is in love with love. They believe in fairy tales and love. They're not to be confused as stalkers or creepy because that's not what a hopeless romantic is. All hopeless romantics are idealists, the sentimental dreamers, the imaginative and the fanciful when you get to know them. They often live with rose colored glasses on. They make love look like an art form with all the romantic things they do for their special someone.

I know some people would try to label me as creepy, but that's not the case in real life. I just like messing with people and creating awkward situations. Then the definition got me thinking to see if I really was a hopeless romantic. I am an idealist, and I like to make plans about what I expect to happen. But most of the time, my plans get ruined anyway. I am a sentimental dreamer. I keep trinkets and the like from past relationships. I think I'm creative.

Whatever. I am what I am and I don't need a label on me. This weekend also made me think about some things:

-When I propose, I'm going to send her a text message saying "Marry me? Y/N". I don't need these fancy, memory lane excursions to propose to her. This will really test our relationship and she if she likes me for me. (I probably won't do this, but imagine what would happen if I really did this. She'd probably dump me over text saying "Hell no. We're done.")

-When I'm married, we're going to have to do separate laundry. I hate touching women's underwear when I'm doing laundry at home, so I usually pick them up with my socks, so I don't have to directly touch them. (This probably won't happen either because it'd be a waste of water and electricity, but in an ideal world I would do it like this).

-My girlfriend/wife better not talk about PMS. I hate it when girls about their "monthly visitor." I don't care if it's natural. If I can't talk about my bowel movements, then you can't talk about your periods.

Those are my feelings towards VDay now. Maybe they'll change, maybe they won't, but I'm just going to enjoy myself for the time being. And I won't let Keeyoung get in my head with his labels.

3 comments:

  1. i can't imagine you and keeyoung watching 500 days together...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA first the candle light showers, now this!
    I think I could be considered a "hopeless romantic" as well
    I don't really wanna be labeled that way...but I fit the profile...at times

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA. i always talk about my period with you, but i hate it when you bring up your BOWEL movements. gets me so fired up

    ReplyDelete