Monday, February 1, 2010

Intramural Soccer

I hate playing soccer with bitches. And I don't mean bitches as a derogatory word towards women, but people who always complain when they're playing and expend more energy yelling at their teammates and refs than actually playing the game.

I'm in an intramural soccer league here at FSU and our season started last week. We're in Division I (I don't even know why we're in Division I. We couldn't even win in Division II last year) and we've played 3 games so far. We tied our first game last week, and everyone was amicable and friendly.

Tonight, we had a doubleheader. We started losing in our first game like 4-0. Then things turned to hell and I knew this was going to happen. When things go badly, people start to play by themselves because they are obviously All-Stars. They think they belong in the World Cup (mind you this is INTRAMURAL SOCCER AT FSU), so they want to dribble and shoot by themselves. When one person does this, everybody else thinks they should have the ball too, so a ball-hogging chain begins. And I recognize the fact that this is intramural soccer, so I just go along and get frustrated while everybody is playing with themselves.

During the second game, the ball came to me one time and I mis-hit it. It happens, I'm not perfect. So sue me.
Then this dude yells at me "Next time get control of the ball!"
I replied, as calmly as possible, "My bad. I mis-hit the ball. I know what I'm doing."
Then he goes, "Obviously, you don't cuz you didn't do it!"
In my head, I'm thinking "WTF! You don't even know me. STFU!"

So trying to a good guy, I just kept silent and the rest of the game snowballed downhill very quickly from there. I think we lost 6-1 at the end. That guy was yelling constantly at every single person on the field. The refs, his teammates, the other team.

Then another guys literally flopped trying to draw a card from the referee. The guy bumped him and he flopped like a fish. I was so embarrassed to be on that team at that moment. Who the hell flops during an intramural soccer game at FSU. AN INTRAMURAL SOCCER GAME AT FSU. I can't stress that point enough.

There are 5 "All-Stars" on that team and it's very hard to play with them. I like playing soccer, but I don't know if I can keep playing with them. As I said earlier, I hate playing soccer with bitches.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA that first sentence..i can see good stories coming out of this blog, frank. hahahhaha im glad i convinced you to do this lol

    ReplyDelete