Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sleep Troubles

For the past few months, I've been having trouble sleeping. I sleep too late, I wake up too late, I don't sleep enough, or a combination of those problems. I usually didn't have trouble sleeping, but now I just lay in bed for hours trying to fall asleep. I think I have some psychological issues that are keeping me awake at night. I also get these crazy dreams where inexplicable things happen to me and the people around me. The dreams are realistic, but they're also fantasy-like.

Here's one example of a dream I had 2 nights ago. (Names are changed to protect the identity of the people in my dream.) I was shopping in a Korean market place either in Korea or a place with a high population of Koreans. I was with my friend Sam* (not his real name) and I was shopping for clothes there and Sam was just walking around with me. I found some Maryland hoodies in the racks, so I was getting ready to buy them. Upon closer inspection, the black hoodie was holding was torn near the waist and it had Tahj Holden's name stitched into it. So I put that hoodie back on the rack. Then the second hoodie I found was too skin-tight, like super-tight. Kinda like this picture.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhHmH3SkzhGPfFheSBff87SIZXFPInNTGH0Glp8BTPtNKyjcrDkISOv0ru4ohy9Wm-aXSSyKXTQmQIrsEGzT3FQ_MxuhyphenhypheneYXdKlRM72GovCeELFRWqy4fTtMXIHGgWd0W2wcWpj7LZBHqo/s320/Guess+Deanna+hoodie.jpg
So obviously, this is too small for me, so I put it back on the rack.
Then afterwards, my dream shifts to me and my dad in a field with a VW bus, and we're both laying down on the grass. I get a call from Sandy* telling me I should go to this circus. My dad tells me not to go because it's dangerous. I get a flash of what the circus looks like and its like a gateway to hell. And I'm still on the phone with Sandy, and she's telling me I should go. And I'm hesitant because I don't want to be in this hell circus. Then I woke up from my dream.

Because I have had trouble falling asleep, I've been watching movies while I'm awake at night. I watched "The Cove" recently. It's a documentary about the dolphin slaughter in Taiji, Japan. The fisherman herd the dolphins into this little cove and then they capture the nicest ones for aquariums and shows (like Seaworld). After they've selected the best ones, they round up the rest of the dolphins and kill them for food except dolphin food is high in mercury content and possibly poisonous to humans. The movie made me really mad at those Japanese fishermen, especially since dolphins are my favorite animals. The documentary is very one-sided because the director wasn't allowed to talk to the Japanese officials, but it raises awareness at an issue that is virtually unknown.

Speaking of movies, I want to watch "Valentine's Day". Jessica Alba, Taylor Swift, Anne Hathaway, Bradley Cooper, Jamie Foxx. I tend to like these ensemble cast movies like "Love Actually" and "He's Just Not That Into You". Don't judge me. I'm allowed to like whatever movies I want. *shaking fist at your face*

I'll be back in Maryland tomorrow for the weekend. So if you're reading this, that means you're looking forward to seeing me.

Songs to hear: The Script- Break Even, Relient K- Therapy

While I'm wide awake she's no trouble sleeping
The Script- Break Even

This is just therapy. Just call it what it is with a death grip on this life always transitioning.
This is just therapy 'cause you won't take my calls and that makes God the only one who's left here listening.
Relient K- Therapy

3 comments:

  1. you're right. i am looking forward to seeing you now that i read this.

    "And I'm hesitant because I don't want to be in this hell circus" - best part of the post

    ReplyDelete
  2. See you this weekend.

    That whole album by Relient K is pretty awesome. My personal favorite is "Savannah".

    ReplyDelete
  3. YO I'LL WATCH IT WITH YOU NO HOMO HAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete