I made another safe trip back to Florida early this morning. Another 13 hours of my life wasted in a car. Some of you might be wondering, "What do you do in a car for 13 hours?" I'll tell you what I do. I mostly listen to music, radio or my ipod. I get tired of the radio quickly though, because the same 5 songs get played over and over again, regardless of where I am. I'M TIRED OF HEARING YOUR PRE-PUBESCENT VOICE JUSTIN BIEBER!
Then, around hour 6 or 7, I start to go crazy. You can't be by yourself for that long a period of time with no stimulation and not go crazy. When I get restless like that, I start to imagine music videos for the songs I'm listening to. I try to create mental images of how I would direct the music video. Then sometimes I might dance along to a song. Not like a full-on dance (it's a confined space), but mostly my hands and arms, then I might imagine how the rest of my body would be moving.
By hour 10, I'm really bored and I'm practically yelling the songs to keep myself occupied and awake. Sometimes I call people, but my guy friends don't talk long or they don't pick up. They don't even like video chatting with me because they think it's weird. That's why I need a phone buddy. Someone I can talk to on the long drives, so I can get my mind off the road. Time seems to go faster when I'm not actually thinking about driving.
Last night, I saw 3 cop cars on the shoulder of I-10. I had driven 660 miles, and I was only 50 miles from my apartment! I was brain dead, but I slowed down and I didn't move over to the left lane. Then I see flashing blue lights behind me and I'm thinking, "I know I wasn't speeding. He's probably going after someone else." Except there's only like 3 cars on that stretch of highway. He follows me and pulls me over and I'm cursing internally and externally. He gives me a freaking citation for "failure to move over for an emergency vehicle". That isn't even a law in Maryland. How am I supposed to know these stupid Florida laws? Why am I given a citation because other crappy Florida drivers don't know how to avoid police on the side of the road?
I slept on it and I'm still angry about it. Now my options are to pay the fine and still get the points (hell no, I have too many points already), go to court (I could argue that I'm a Maryland resident, so I don't know stupid Florida laws), or go to a driver improvement class (costs money, but it may save me points). Now I have to deal with another stupid hassle, that shouldn't have been a hassle to begin with. Stop hassling me police! I don't break any major laws! I don't hurt people! Why don't you stop going after little guys and go after drug dealers and murderers?! So stupid! All I've seen from police in the past year is them shooting at my friends and giving me stupid tickets. My anger is further fueled because I have to live in this podunk town for longer for this stupid thesis and pay tuition money to this crappy state.
traffic cops are stupid. go to court and fight it. although, saying you didn't know the law might not be a valid excuse in their eyes. you could just hope the cop doesn't show, or that the judge thinks its a stupid law too.
ReplyDelete